Wednesday, May 4, 2011

4.4.11

Today was an excellent day.

I gave in and went to lunch with a new friend from church. I’ve been really stubborn about the amount of myself I am willing to let others get to know. Because this move has been my fresh start, my new chance. . . I want people to get to know me without any history. So somehow that translated to just not making friends. . . But I learned today that it’s where you came from that makes you who you are, and that you have nothing to be ashamed of when you are walking in your new life.

I felt that for the first time, in actually years, I felt like the person I actually am.

I always have a million thoughts to write. When I actually take the time to think, it’s a lot of thinking, and a lot of writing. But today, my mind feels so entirely empty, my heart is at peace and I have this sense of security that I can’t explain.

http://www.championchurch.org/
God sent me to this church, for a reason and the theme of LOVE that they emphasize has absolutely changed me.


One of the wonderful people I have met told me that the only thing that she could tell me right now to do is to listen to this, over and over.


I cried tonight from a very broken heart. Not because I'm a baby or because I'm emotional, but because I'm broken. The same girl who told me to listen to "Inheritance" told me tonight . . . You are allowed to feel the way you feel. Absolutely liberating to me. Tonight, I'm recognizing the hurt, and I'm asking for the healing.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment