Tuesday, April 3, 2012

4.3.12



1:49 PM
its finally lunchtime. i feel like as always my life is just going passing me 
by and even though i'm living it, i'm also some how missing it. . .
so today i'm not going to eat while driving somewhere, i'm going to sit 
and just take a minute. 

so i quit my job. almost an entire year of serving at OG and i put in my two weeks. 
i felt so GOOD about it when i did it because i believed
 that Heaven was behind my decision. 
the workplace anxiety was coming home with me day after day
my house was always a constant disaster and i felt trapped in a way. 
so i just said, "God I KNOW you have GOOD things for me. . . ." and 
i quit without a back up plan. 

but then again, who needs a back up plan when your first plan is to trust in God? 

but here's whats fresh in my mind and heart at this very moment  - 

transparency of heart and life

trans·par·ent

\tran(t)s-ˈper-ənt\
(1) : having the property of transmitting light without appreciable scattering so that bodies lying beyond are seen clearly : pellucid (2) : allowing the passage of a specified form of radiation (as X-rays or ultraviolet light)b : fine or sheer enough to be seen through : diaphanous a : free from pretense or deceit : frank b : easily detected or seen through : obvious
c : readily understood

i don't have a whole lot on the thought in my brain right now. its just because
the concept of transparency suggests that either you have nothing to hide or
that you just don't care if your hidden things come to light. . .
neither of those apply to me. 
i like to keep my darkness in the dark and my light out in the light
but in doing that i put up curtains and blinds on the windows of not only my life,
but my soul. i continue to have areas, rooms in my heart, where i keep the 
curtains closed and keep the Light out... 

i'm leaving this an incomplete thought today because i need some time to consider 
what it is a transparent life looks like. 




No comments:

Post a Comment